Friday, April 5, 2013

HandWorks Plane

In less time that we can imagine a lot of us will be gathering in Amana, Iowa for the HandWorks event. If the unique venue and the stellar gathering of tool makers were not enough to get you there then take this into consideration.

THERE WILL BE FREE STUFF!

Many of the presenters at this event will be donating tools to be given away in a drawing at this event. I'm happy to participate because this stands to be the hand tool woodworking event of the year.

I've wanted to make a version of the Norris #31 plane for quite some time and just never could find time to develop the process for this tool. This event was the perfect excuse to make time and I have to admit it's been an interesting endeavor. I've enjoyed using this plane for the last couple of weeks since it was completed and I'm looking forward to passing it on to whomever becomes the new owner at HandWorks.

The sole of this plane is 5" long and the bed angle is 20 degrees, bevel up, the infill is cocobolo.





If you are interested in learning more about the HandWorks Event click on the banner below, it should take you to the HandWorks page.


Ron

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking forward to this event for months now. I've never been to Iowa OR a hand tool only event (except for the Lie Nielsen shows). Its going to be kid in a candy store all weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete